AN ALL-INCLUSIVE UNDERGRADUATE MEDICAL PROGRAM
Students pursuing a career in the field of medicine with a path towards:
- Medical School
- Physician Assistant School
- Nursing School
- Occupational/Physical Therapy School
- Other Healthcare Profession
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to travel outside of the U.S.
- We accept students from all universities & colleges
- We accept undergraduate, post-baccalaureate & graduate students
- No minimum GPA
- No medical experience needed
- Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
Program departs from/returns to:
- Either Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) located in South Florida.
(For out-of-state students or those who do not live near the South Florida area, accepted students will be responsible for any transportation expenses (taxi, airfare, e.g.) getting to and from the airport listed above.
- 21 days prior to the start of the program. Keep in mind, all programs have a 15 student capacity and 10 student minimum. Accepted students will be granted a spot in the program on a “first paid, first served” basis.
Summer Programs 2022
- Jul 24 – Jul 30
- Jul 31 – Aug 6
- Aug 7 – Aug 13
- Aug 14 – Aug 20
For Student Organizations & Clubs
Interested in reserving an Exclusive MedX Program for your organization or group of friends?
Pick your own program dates and receive customized MedX apparel with the organization’s logo & colors incorporated in it!
Visit www.medxprograms.com/exclusive for further information.
The MedX housing residence is one of the most important aspects of the program for us, and it is very carefully selected. Although we do not stay at one specific home/villa, due to availability, size of program, etc, we always ensure that our home for the week always provides the essentials for our students and staff to feel comfortable and safe.
Student housing features:
- Fully-gated in a safe neighborhood
- Clean & hygienic
- Full kitchen with food, snacks & beverages available 24/7
- Private Chef
- Wi-fi & study areas
- Pool & Jacuzzi
- Private gym
- Billiard table & much more
- Trusted MedX staff and security on-premise 24/7
- And a beautiful view of the Jarabacoa Mountains!
For more information about our student housing amenities, safety/security protocols and more, please contact Hector at (786) 303-6867.
*Subject to change upon availability and group size
“Hogar de las Niñas” Shelter Visit
- Christmas came early for the young girls of the “Hogar de las Niñas de Bonao” shelter during our Winter Break 2018 program! This home shelters 30 young girls who have been abandoned or reside here due to poor living conditions in their home due to impoverishment, physical/mental abuse, or family drug addiction. Our one and only goal on this day is to leave a smile on their faces that they will never forget!
Community Medical Service Walk
- A medical service walk around the underprivileged community of La Vega, Dominican Republic. Our MedX students will have the opportunity to assist the local medical students, as they walk door-to-door offering free medical services and medications to their people. This not only serves as an extremely educational experience, but will also be a life changing experience for many!
Medical Simulation Workshops
- Vital signs intake
- Unlike any other, our program offers educational, hands-on workshops developed by U.S. physicians, which were specifically designed for those aspiring healthcare professionals eager to get a first-hand experience in the field of medicine. (Intended exclusively for non-clinical purposes)
“Surgical Resident for the Day” Experience
- Experience what a rigorous day in the life of a surgical resident feels like through our eye-opening, interactive 10-12 hour surgical rotation shift, under the wing of the chief surgeon and his team. At firsthand, our students will have the opportunity to observe and learn about all aspects of the surgical procedures being performed, starting from pre- to post-operative plans.
- Surgical specialties include, but are not limited to, general, neurology, trauma and orthopedic, gastrointestinal, urology, and maxillofacial surgery.
“Labor and Delivery of a Baby” Experience
- On “Labor and Delivery” day, our students will have the opportunity to visit the maternity wing and experience what a typical day is like. Learn about interesting cases, observe pre- and post- delivery procedures, even watch a life childbirth and much more!
Clinical Rotation and Hospital Rounds
- Experience an interactive and immersive clinical rotation schedule lead by our MedX medical leaders and medical staff.
- The hospitals offer medical specialties like orthopedics, anesthesiology, rehabilitation and physical therapy, internal medicine, intensive care unit (ICU), laboratory medicine and pathology, radiology, emergency medicine, hemodialysis and more. Surgical specialties include, but are not limited to, general, trauma and orthopedic, neurology, oral and maxillofacial, gastrointestinal, and urology surgery.
Hospital & Medical School Tour
- Tour of the medical school’s facilities and classrooms like their anatomy room and laboratories; and also, tours of the hospital’s departments, specialties, laboratories, and much more!
Aside from the educational aspect of the MedX Program, our students will also have the opportunity to visit some of the island’s most incredible nature sites and learn about their culture.
Some of the places visited during the program:
- Salto Baiguate waterfall
- Horseback riding
- Cultural museum & exhibits
- Santiago Monument
- And much more!
All MedX programs are all-inclusive. Payment plans and Sponsorship Fundraiser are also offered to all accepted students.
Our MedX program fee includes:
- MedX Care Package
- All meals, beverages & snacks
- Medical simulation workshops
- All program activities & excursions
- Services provided by MedX personnel (physicians, medical leaders &