Students pursuing a career in the field of medicine with a path towards:
- Medical School
- Physician Assistant School
- Nursing School
- Occupational/Physical Therapy School
- All Other Healthcare Profession
- Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to travel outside of the U.S.
- We accept students from all universities & colleges
- We accept undergraduate, post-baccalaureate & graduate students
- No minimum GPA
- No medical experience needed
- August 1 – 7 (Closed)
- August 8 – 14 (Closed)
- December 12 – 18
- December 17 – 23
- January 2 – 8, 2022
For Student Clubs & Organizations
Interested in reserving an Exclusive MedX Program for your organization or group of friends?
Pick your own program dates and receive customized MedX apparel with the organization’s logo & colors incorporated in it!
Visit www.medxprograms.com/exclusive for further information.
The MedX housing residence is one of the most important aspects of the program for us, and it is very carefully selected. Although we do not stay at one specific home/villa, due to availability, size of program, etc, we always ensure that our home for the week always provides the essentials for our students and staff to feel comfortable and safe.
Student housing features:
- Fully-gated in a safe neighborhood
- Clean & hygienic
- Full kitchen with food, snacks & beverages available 24/7
- Private Chef
- Wi-fi & study areas
- Pool & Jacuzzi
- Private gym
- Billiard table & much more
- Trusted MedX staff and security on-premise 24/7
- And a beautiful view of the Jarabacoa Mountains!
For more information about our student housing amenities, safety/security protocols and more, please contact Hector at (786) 303-6867.
*Subject to change upon availability and group size
“Hogar de las Niñas de Bonao” Visit
- Christmas came early for the young girls of the “Hogar de las Niñas de Bonao” shelter during our Winter Break 2018 program! This home shelters 30 young girls who have been abandoned or reside here due to poor living conditions in their home due to impoverishment, physical/mental abuse, or family drug addiction. Our one and only goal on this day is to leave a smile on their faces that they will never forget!
“Community Medicine” Walk
- A medical service walk around the underprivileged community of La Vega, Dominican Republic. Our MedX students will have the opportunity to assist the local medical students, as they walk door-to-door offering free medical services and medications to their people. This not only serves as an extremely educational experience, but will also be a life changing experience for many!
- Vital signs intake
- Unlike any other program, we offer rigorous hands-on workshops created by U.S. physicians, specifically designed for all those aspiring healthcare providers eager to get a first-hand experience in the field of medicine. (intended exclusively for non-clinical purposes)
“Surgical Resident for the Day”
- Experience a rigorous day in the life of a surgical resident through an interactive 10-12 hour surgical rotation shift, under the wing of the chief surgeon. At firsthand, MedX students will have the opportunity to observe all aspects of the surgical procedure being performed, from the pre-operative to the post-operative plans.
- Surgical specialties that are offered include, but are not limited to: general, neurosurgery, trauma and orthopedic, gastrointestinal, urology, and maxillofacial surgery.
“Final-Year Medical Student for the Day”
- Experience a day in the life of a final-year medical student in Dominican Republic. MedX students will have the opportunity to experience “la entrega de guardia”, a shift change in a teaching hospital where medical students “sign out” their patients to the oncoming student. During this educational activity, the medical student reports and transfers responsibility of the patient cases to the oncoming medical students, while senior physicians critic their assessment and treatment plans for the presented cases.
- Experience an interactive clinical rotation schedule under the wing of one of the several medical specialists. Medical specialties will be chosen by the MedX students.
- The hospital offers the following medical specialties, but not limited to: orthopedics, anesthesiology, rehabilitation and physical therapy, internal medicine, intensive care unit, laboratory medicine and pathology, radiology, emergency medicine, and hemodialysis. Surgical specialties include, but are not limited to; general, trauma and orthopedic, neurosurgery, oral and maxillofacial, gastrointestinal, and urology.
Hospital & Medical School Tour
- Tour around the medical facilities, departments, laboratories, and classrooms of the hospitals and medical schools visited throughout the program.
Excursion Day & City Outings
Aside from the educational aspect of the MedX Program, our students will also have the opportunity to visit some of the island’s most incredible nature sites and learn about their culture.
A few of the places we will visit during the program with a tour guide:
- Baiguate Salto Waterfall
- Balneairo La Cortina, Jarabacoa
- Centro Cultural Museum & Exhibits
- Santiago Monument
- El Anzuelo Proyecto Ecoturistico
- And much more!
Certificate of Program Completion
Every MedX Program we offer is All Inclusive. Payment plans and Sponsorship Fundraiser are also offered to all accepted students.
Program’s Pricing Includes:
- Airfare (Third-Party Travel Agency)
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks)
- MedX Care Package
- Medical Simulations
- Educational lectures, talks, and workshops
- Services provided by the physicians, medical leaders, and
- All Excursions and Activities